PRESCHOOL PRE- REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
With the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, we are unable to conduct preschool screenings at this time. We are asking parents/guardians who are interested in preschool for the 2020-21 school year to complete the pre-registration document below and return to us. Once restrictions are lifted, we will contact parents/guardians to conduct a screening for their child. The pre-registration form is available by clicking on the link below.
Please complete and submit pre-registration form using one of the following options: online, U.S. Mail or drop off the form at the Department of Student Services in designated drop off boxes between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm. To ensure the student is pre-registered for Preschool, the pre-registration form needs to be returned by May 29, 2020 if possible.
Additional forms will be completed at the preschool screening. Please see this page for a list of required documents you need to submit before enrollment.
You may continue to use this preschool registration link to express interest in a screening for this school year.
We will call you to schedule a screening appointment for your child.
If you are unable to submit the Preschool Pre-Registration form using the submit button in the document, you may save the document and email it to email@example.com.
Summer Ideas for Kindergarten Readiness
Pendleton County Preschool is available at no cost for eligible children.
Guidelines for eligibility include:
Children who are 4 years old on or before August 1st may qualify based on federal income guidelines (160% of poverty level). This is determined by the number of household members and their combined income.
Preschool eligibility for children who are 3 years old is based on developmental needs determined by assessments provided by the district.
Children who are 4 years old on or before August 1st may also qualify based on developmental needs regardless of family income level.
- Three and four year old children.
- Children who will be 4 years old on or before August 1st may qualify under the federal income guidelines with or without a developmental delay.
- Children who turn 4 after 8/1/2020 will be considered 3 year olds for the 2020-2021 school year and may qualify with a developmental delay.
- Eligibility determination for state funded preschool
- Household income and/or developmental needs are considered.
Additional preschool screening dates for the 2020-2021 school year will be posted as soon as the dates can be scheduled.
Bring the following required documents to the screening with your child:
- state birth certificate
- social security card (optional)
- proof of residence in Pendleton Co. - such as driver's license, utility bill, lease agreement
- current immunization certificate with an expiration date
- For a child who will be 4 on or before August 1, 2020, please bring proof of income.
- Additional documents required for preschool include a school entry physical and an eye exam performed by an eye doctor by January 1st.
Please follow the link to the right on this page to KDE health forms page to view the blank health forms.
- To help you prepare your child for success in kindergarten and beyond.
- To identify and serve those who have a developmental delay in one or more of the following areas: MOTOR, COGNITIVE, LANGUAGE, SOCIAL OR SELF HELP SKILLS.
- The preschool screening will indicate whether or not your child is meeting developmental milestones in these areas.
- Our goal is to equip our youngest learners with the knowledge and skills necessary for kindergarten readiness.